Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Boiled Oatmeal Cookies

Ingredients:
1 stick margarine
2 cups sugar
3 cups of Old fashion Oatmeal oats
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 tablespoons cocoa
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup flour

Directions:
Mix margarine, sugar, cocoa, milk.
Cook over medium heat until it comes to a boil.
Cook 2 minutes
Add oatmeal (uncooked), peanut butter and vanilla.
Mix well
Drop by spoonful on was paper.
Allow to cool
Store in air tight container.

At my house we call these Aunt Clarsie's cookies. Aunt Clarsie was Donnie's mom's sister. She made these every Christmas. She passed on the recipe to me since I turned out to be the cook in the family. At least I try to be and really enjoy making Christmas goodies.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm. I grew up with these cookies, and love to make them myself. I'll have to make some of these soon.

    ReplyDelete